Inspired by Randy Reddig, I’ve decided 2011 is the year to purge and simplify our lives. Starting on January 1, and every day after for the rest of the year we will get rid of something by donation, craigslist, recycle, discard or the fabulous Rookies White Elephant Holiday Party. You can follow the updates on Twitter #less365
Updated: The first items to go:
- Day 1: Tweetie & Sylvestor Christmas Stockings
- Day 2: 4 Santa Clause statues
- Day 3: Pair of Pink Snow Boots
- Day 4: 2 pairs of kids snow pants
- Day 5: Fleece denim jacket
- Day 6: 6 White t-shirts
- Day 7: 1 pair of Prince tennis shoes
- Day 8: 1 pair of women’s black boots
- Day 9: Snowman statue
- Day 10: 1 faux ficus tree
- Day 11: 1 less tricycle
- Day 12: 6 less tennis balls
- Day 13: 40 christmas cards
- Day 14: Seagate 8 GB USB Flash drive
- Day 15: 1 air pump needle
UPDATE 10/31/2010: Ben walked 26 laps (13 miles) today barley pausing for a restroom break and to eat. I’m proud of his commitment and determination. (The multiple snow cone coupons may have helped too)
Ben gets out the word on his fundraising effort for the upcoming walkathon. He gets very anxious about walking door to door and talking with neighbors. He’s at home in front of a computer making a video for family and friends.
With a number of large earthquakes taking place recently, I’ve been meaning to re-visit the plan and our preparedness. Are you ready?
Ben turns to new media to try and drum up sales for his raffle ticket contest.